By using ATutorAtHome.com/ this webpage, you agreed and accept all terms and conditions written here.
Registration is free of charge. Tutors who sign up with ATutorAtHome.com hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
a) You must be a Singapore citizen/Singapore permanent resident.
b) You should have good grades in the subjects that you wish to tutor.
c) You must produce all necessary documents to certify your identity, academic qualifications and credentials to the student or parent on the 1st lesson.
A one-time commission of 50% of the 1st month tuition fee will be charged to the tutor which the ATutorAtHome.com will collect directly from the student or parent at the 2nd week of tuition.
Any attempt to cheat or deprive the ATutorAtHome.com of its legal share of commission will result in legal actions being taken.
3. Prepayment Of Tuition Fees
Tutors are NOT ALLOWED to collect any advance tuition fees.
4. Other expenses incurred during your lessons.
Tutors are not allowed to make other claims such as taxis/phv’s fare, parking fess, ERP, Sentosa entry fees etc from ATutorAtHome.com or the parents/ student while travelling to the student’s venue.
5. Cancellation of Assignment
If you have to cancel the assignment before the 1st lesson that you have agreed to take up, 24 hours prior notice before the 1st lesson must be given to the ATutorAtHome.com (not the parents/ students). If you fail to notify the ATutorAtHome.com of your cancellation, an administrative charge of S$50 will be imposed on you.
6. Termination of Assignment
a). Minimum commitment period for a tuition assignment is 1 month. You are advised to have a long-term commitment as parent will not like to change tutor often. If you terminate an assignment before the 1st month, the ATutorAtHome.com will recover its legal share of the one-time commission of 50% of the 1st month tuition fee from you.
b). If the student/ parents prematurely terminates the assignment during the 1st month, once we have received the commission from the parents/ student, you will only receive 50% of payment for all your service hours. However, if the reason for the student’s termination is due to your fault as a tutor (for example – you are always late, skip lessons without any valid explanations, wrong teaching method, using harsh tone etc…), you will bear the full commission charge.
For Student/ Parents
ATutorATHome.com provide home tuition services in Singapore, by matching parents/ student to our home tutors. As we believed that inorder to have good results in the examinations, both tutor and student must work together. Hence if the results turn out to be unsatisfactory, neither ATutorAtHome.com nor its tutors shall be liable. After confirming a home tutor, a confirmation will be sent to both parties. We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Service to any person for any reason and/or to discontinue the Service in whole or in part at any time, with or without prior notice.
a). The fee of first month is completely bases upon the ACTIVE lessons (4-8 lessons- once weekly or twice weekly) not at the calendar month. If parents/ student fails to pay ATutorAtHome.com, legal action may be considered.
b). There is no way of paying the tutor on our behalf. Tutors are strictly banned to collect payments unless instructed by us. If you decide to make a payment to the tutor directly and the tutor decides to default the payment, then you and only you would be responsible for any sort of losses. Any sort of confusion or inconvenience caused between parents and tutor will not be the responsibility of us. We highly advise that parents should keep the receipt or transaction id as a proof that they have made the payment. This receipt will prove to be helpful in verifying your payment.
c). No FREE trial lessons are offered by ATutorAtHome.com. If you find the home tutor unsuitable for you or do not meet your requirements after the first lesson, you can ask for a change of the tutor but you still need to pay for the first lesson.
d). We do not encourage parents/ student to make advance payment for the tuition fees to the tutors directly.
2. Cancellation & Replacement
Parents/ student are allow to request for a replacement or cancellation of tutor, upon completion of the first lesson. However, payment for any lessons conducted are still payable to the tutor and to ATutorAtHome.com respectively. For a request of replacement of home tutor, we will find a new home tutor and a new confirmation note will be issued. All cancellations or replacements, have to be of valid and reasonable, to be fair to the home tutor.
We do not conduct any free trial lesson, all lessons provided by the tutor have to be paid. A minimum of one lesson has to be conducted, before the client can cancel or replace a tutor. For cancellation before the first lesson, parents/ student will be liable for the administrative cost of S$50 to be incurred. Any postponement or cancellation of lessons, has to be informed at least one day in advance, unless due to unforeseen circumstances. Also, any changes (or addition) to the lessons frequency and schedule in the first month, has to be made known to ATutorAtHome.com. All home tuition assignments are assumed to be engaged for the long term. If you intend to engage a tutor for the short-term (less than 3 months), you have to disclose to us. This policy ensures fair commission arrangement towards the tutor and ATutorAtHome.com.
The lessons will be held at the student’s residence, unless otherwise arranged. Any change of venue before the commencement of lessons has to be informed to us one day in advance.
5. Tuition Rates
All tuition rates are fixed upon confirmation among the parents/ student, tutor and ATutorAtHome.com. The tuition rates cannot be changed in the first month, unless approved by us.
1. We reserve the right to revise these terms in its sole discretion at any time by posting the changes on the site. Your continued use of our service after the change shall mean that you accept those changes. You should visit the site regularly to ensure that you are aware of the latest version of the terms.
2. You are solely responsible for all service, telephony, data charges and/or other fees and costs associated with your access to and use of our service, as well as for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, and other equipment required for such access and use.
3. All of your use, access and other activities relating to the site and the service must be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitations, laws relating to copyright and other intellectual property use, and to privacy and personal identity. In connection with Your use of the service and site, You must not provide incorrect or knowingly false information; copy, distribute, modify, reverse engineer, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, or interfere with the services or operation of the site; frame or embed the site or services; impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s Account; introduce any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the services or operation of the site; scrape, spider, use a robot or other automated means of any kind to access the services.
4. ATutorAtHome.com will not act as an arbitrator or mediator for any conflicts or disagreements that arise between the tutor and the student or parent. However, we are always prepared to offer our suggestions.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall we (ATutorAtHome.com) be liable to you or any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages of any kind resulting from loss of use, data or profits whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages and in theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of the service. Further, neither shall we be liable in any way for any lessons or other third party goods and services offered through the service or for assistance in conducting commercial transactions with other users of the site, including without limitation any transaction between a parents/ student and tutor.
Upon request by us (ATutorAtHome.com), you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including legal fees, that arise from your violation of these Terms & Conditions or other negligent or wrongful conduct. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.